Formal Dresses That Work Every Season
If dressing for a formal party or a gala event seems to be a difficult task for you, you are probably unaware of the fashion statements that work in every season and for every reason. Here, some cool formal styles in dresses have been mentioned, so that you don’t have an issue in managing your look in the nick of time.
- Off shoulder dresses: If you are heading for a cocktail party or for a formal event, you can try a formal gown in the off shoulder style. The off shoulder style is often seen as over the top look, but the trick is to opt for block shades rather than prints. A well shaped and fitted off shoulder gown can never fail you in getting those praising glances.
- Corset styled dresses: Flaunting the perfect hour glass figure with added style quotient is never a problem with corset styled dresses. There are so many styles in the market, and in case, you cannot wear corset styled dresses, you can even choose to wear the corset underneath. Many women use a corset to give a lift to their figure, and combine the look with a well pleated skirt or even a pencil skirt for the formal feeling.
- Printed dresses: When talking of printed dresses, one can only think of casual occasions, but there is lot more to these printed dresses than you can imagine. While full prints may not be a complete formal dress material, but you can wear a printed shirt with neutral colored skirts or trousers for a complete formal look. There are formal dresses that come in absolute mixed style and can be potentially used for almost any kind of occasion.
- Jacket styled dresses: Many women don’t like to flaunt for formal occasions, and for them, a dress with a nice fitted jacket can offer the necessary coverage. You can wear a complete black colored off shoulder dress and complete the look with nice laced black jacket. The idea is kind of monotonous, but hardly boring by any means. There are ample colors that you can play with; right from bright reds to complete pink shades.
- Asymmetrical dresses and Peplum style: One of the most common formal trends for the year 2012 has been the peplum style, and it works majestically for the complete formal look. You can try bold colors or nude shades as per your choice as everything about peplum is hot and classy. On the other hand, systematical dresses have been a huge hit in the summers, and they continue to make appearances in the fall season, as well. There are many styles, and if you can keep the neckline formal, you will just hit the right note with such styles.
Getting ready for formal parties is not going to be tough, provided you have the essentials that are mentioned above. Don’t tend to get boring, but try to experiment with these dressing tips. There is much action to be explored for your formal events and gala outings.